Thursday, March 23, 2017

Where shall I start...

Okay, it's been 8 years since I last posted about the ups and downs of relationships, motherhood, and trying to stay positive when feeling like a bag of shit on the inside. Well, some things are still the same and a Lot has changed. These days I find myself thinking a lot about the universe (not the religious type but definitely believe there's more to this world than meets the eye), the planet, how to make my big and exciting dreams of travelling the world to volunteer while still making money come true, why I am not where I had hoped to be at this point in my life, and how to stay afloat while dealing with mental illness. If you've read this far you're probably thinking I'm alllll over the place and you are 100 % correct! I think a lot of people on social media like to portray a put-together, perfect, little house on the prairie kinda life but really most of us are the same; looking for that perfect balance that allows us to remember who we really are and pursue goals (no matter how silly they seem to others) while trying to be the perfect parent, employee, significant other, etc etc. It can be EXHAUSTING right??? Not to mention disheartening when things don't quite go as planned. I have decided this week that I will make a conscious effort to focus on the positive things in my life and the little things I encounter each day that make me smile. Today, it was seeing a pigeon fly overhead carrying another smaller pigeon to a high window ledge. Hmm...to clarify why that was smile-worthy vs cringe-worthy I would like to believe the wonder-woman of the pigeon world came to the rescue of another bird and delivered it to safety. Don't judge me 😋 Anyways, time to get snuggled under my blankets and get some rest but I appreciate you taking the time to peek into this weird and wonderful mind of mine as I venture back into the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I start...

Okay, it's been 8 years since I last posted about the ups and downs of relationships, motherhood, and trying to stay positive when feeli...